Memorable Happenings | Winter Events in Delaware
While Bethany Beach and the surrounding area are known for being a top summer vacation destination, that doesn’t mean you can’t visit the rest of the year. There is always something happening in this region of Delaware, even during the winter. Numerous events take place in Delaware during the colder months.
Make the most out of your visit to these happenings by renting a home from Wilgus Associates. Not only will you be close to the top events, but you’ll have a relaxing place to warm up. Keep reading to learn more about some of the most popular things to experience in December and January.
- Head across state lines to experience Winterfest of Lights in Ocean City, Maryland, which runs from mid-November through the end of the year. The colorful walking event features thousands of holiday lights and animated displays. The festival is bringing back the Winterfest Express, a tram ride with multiple stops to help guests navigate Northside Park.
- Check out the Schellville Enchanted Winter Celebration, which is open from mid-November until the end of the year. Listen to incredible live music, go ice skating on the outdoor rink, and wander the miniature houses filled with activities.
Things to Do in January
- Kick off the new year with the Hair of the Dog 5K & Walk. The annual event takes place at the boardwalk in Bethany Beach. You can also choose to run the 5K virtual. Registration closes at the end of December.
- Another great way to spend Jan. 1 is at the annual Penguin Swim in Ocean City. This family-friendly fundraiser has participants running into the water on the beach at the Princess Royale Oceanfront Hotel.
- Fire and Ice Festival is a three-day festival at the end of January that stretches over several Delaware towns. Check out the ice sculptures in Bethany Beach or sip on a local brew at the beer garden in Ocean View.
Plan Your Delaware Getaway with Wilgus Associates
Don’t wait to plan your winter escape with Wilgus Associates. With countless events in top Delaware beach towns and entertaining activities, there’s no shortage of things to do that the whole family will love.
Whether hoping to stay in Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island, or one of the other charming towns that make up the Quiet Resorts, we have the perfect rental for you. Our inventory includes something for everyone. Let your four-legged friend join the fun by reserving a dog-friendly rental. Enjoy breathtaking scenery by staying in a Waterview property. Call 800-441-8118 to learn more about which of our Delaware vacation rentals fits your stay best. Don’t forget to check out our special offers!