800-441-8118

Dagsboro Real Estate

Clayton Theatre

Dagsboro was founded in 1747 and has been known as Blackfoot Town, Dagsbury and Dagsborough.  The town was named for General John Dagworthy, Brigadier General of the Sussex County Militia during the American Revolutionary War. Dagsboro is home to Prince George's Chapel, an historic church maintained by the state of Delaware as a museum.  The state of Delaware bought the property in 1967.  After major renovations, the chapel, located at the intersection of Routes 26 and 382, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.  The church cemetery is the site of the grave of General John Dagworthy. Dagsboro is also home to the Clayton Theatre, Delaware's last remaining, first run, single screene theatre. Built in 1949, the Clayton Theatre continues to provide southern Sussex County with affordable, first-run, entertainment. 

Dagsboro Links

Town of Dagsboro
Demographic Profile of Dagsboro, Delaware

 


You can also browse our real estate section to find listings in other locations or use more advanced residential real estate or commercial real estate search filters.


Pages

Get Updates